Who Are We?
Grace Temple Church exists to bring people into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, to draw them into a Christ-centered community, and to help them grow in their faith.
That’s what drives every decision we make and guides every conversation we have.
This is what we’re all about.
It’s who we are.
Our mission is to reach others with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Grace Temple is focused on three key areas: RELEVANCE, TRANSFORMATION and OWNERSHIP.
We provide teaching, music and environments that are RELEVANT to all; helping people experience TRANSFORMATION; and giving people the opportunity to take OWNERSHIP of their faith and their church as they grow, give and serve.
Before any weekend service, special event, or ministry activity, we ask these questions:
• Is it relevant?
• Will it change lives?
• Will it give people the opportunity to take ownership?
Our nine core beliefs—about God, People, the Church, the Bible, and Christ’s return—are the foundation of this church. This is what we believe.
• There is ONE living, sovereign God who eternally exists and is active in the lives of people. (Rev. 1:8, Is. 43:10-11, Deut. 6:4, Matt. 28:19)
• Jesus Christ was fully God and fully human, yet had no sin. Jesus willingly laid down his life and after three days, rose from the grave. In doing this, Jesus fulfilled the payment for the world’s debt of sin. (Luke 1:31, 35, 1 Cor. 15:3, 2 Cor. 5:21)
• The Holy Spirit was sent to convict the world of sin and to empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. He lives in every believer and is a constant helper, Teacher and guide. (John 14:16-17)
• God created people in his image, and everyone matters to God. (Gen. 1:26-27, Gen. 5:1-2)
• All people are sinners and need God’s forgiveness. (Rom. 3:23)
• Those who confess and turn from their sin, trusting in Jesus Christ, will be saved by grace and become children of God, with the promise of eternal life. (John 3:16-17, Gal. 3:26)
The Church, The Bible and Christ’s Return
• Jesus Christ is the head of the church and all believing people are members. (Eph. 4:15-16)
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
• Jesus Christ will return and there will be a final judgment. (Matt. 24:3, 37)
OUR KEY VALUES: THE 5G’s
It takes effort to move from being a believer in Christ to being a Christ follower. We encourage attenders to keep growing in five areas. These are our core values, the heart of who we are as a church.
Receiving, living in, and sharing God’s grace.
“God saved you by his Grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.” Ephesians 2:8
Growing in wisdom, character and obedience.
“We will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.” Ephesians 4:15
Experiencing biblically-functioning community with others.
“Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.” Acts 2:46
Serving God and others with spiritual gifts.
“A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church… All of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.” 1 Corinthians 12:7, 27
Generously responding to God by supporting the needs of the church, community, and world.
“If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. With the measure you use in giving, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38 receiving, living in, and sharing God’s grace.